More Star Wars
Via Moviehole: "I've talked to two very, very reliable insiders - one studio based, another connected to the cast of the original films - who claim that Lucas is indeed going to be doing the three sequels. 'They're happening. They're already happening", one said "The three films are all in various stages of development as we speak. They're keeping them quiet for the meantime I believe, but Lucas has four more Star Wars films to deliver to Fox.'"
Now, I don't care how bad the prequels have been, I'm always excited about more Star Wars films. So, here's the plan, to turn this from good news into great news. Assassinate George Lucas. Steven Speilberg & the cast of the original trilogy will throw themselves into making the final trilogy he 'always wanted to make' (just as Speilberg did with Kubrick's idea for A.I.). And, Speilberg will make a film 10x better than anything Lucas has made in the last 20 years. Sounds harsh, I know, but it must be done.
Okay, maybe not. Maybe Lucas can make good Star Wars films again if he has the original cast around him (as voice actors for an animated film or under heavy makeup to make them look 20 years younger). Maybe he'll feel obligated to fit the movies into the post-ROTJ Star Wars continuity he approved in dozens of excellent novels written over the past several decades and those will influence the films to be better than the prequels. Maybe the fan reaction to the prequels will influence Lucas do a better job this time around.
In any case, they're probably at least 5 years away, and anything could happen.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home