Monday, June 28, 2004

Turner Classic Movies

I knew it was there all along, but I only just now 'discovered' the Turner Classic Movies channel, and it's GRRRRRRREEEAAT! I've been wanting to watch more older movies, but so few of them are available at my local video store or on Netflix. And, seeing them on TV is free, and they usually preface each film with a brief introduction about the history of the flick and its major players. They apparently have a huge catalog of classic movies, including popular titles (Wizard of Oz, From Russia With Love), lesser-known greats (Criss Cross, High Sierra), silents (The Battle of Pompeii, The Adventures of Prince Achmed), and shorts. I was so excited when I discovered this great channel last night at midnight that I have foregone sleep to watch it seven and a half hours straight (and counting). I just knew there was a use for cable TV!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home