Blast From the Past #2
Here's a poem I wrote several years ago that really isn't that bad, so you might enjoy it. Read 'With Cocksure Smile:'
With cocksure smile and soulful gaze
Hoping to cast her in a daze
All dressed up in my Sunday best
Spouting aptly jest after jest
For with such words I did aspire
To ignite in her such a fire
That burns brighter when I draw near
And coo so softly in her ear
Her giggling and playful winking
Led me justly to be thinking
I had mounted my white steed
And completed a fearless deed
Precedent goaded the return
Of Extempore Extraordinaire
But alas, the jury was novel
I was forced to beg and grovel
Tears, kneeling, and kissing her hand
Did not clear the line in the sand
And she departed from the shore
Leaving me to miss her evermore
When divine wisdom I incurred
My omniscient Father answered
“Though I crafted her sightly kind,
Even I can’t trace a woman's mind.”





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home